1. Do not think about him – really how hard can that be?
2. Lie to myself – what husband? Who is Caleb?
3. Create a false husband – one that licks his own balls, but does cuddle when he gets cold.
4. Stay busy enough to – to blog about him constantly – what?!
5. Don’t drive anywhere, or walk, or ride my bike for that matter. I have nowhere I need to go and be reminded of his smiling face, comforting hand, or beautiful singing voice.
6. Pack away all his clothes, the soap he forgot, his dirty dishes, and take all the pictures off the wall. Don’t forget the calendar!
7. Throw a tantrum – for no other reason than I haven’t in over 20 years!
8. Don’t work out – no one to look good for (right now) or shower with 😦
9. Don’t take showers – there will be no wet towel for me to dry off with.
10. Don’t read books – he’s not here to interrupt every time I’ve learned something.
11. Don’t make recipes – harder to half-ass things when he’s not around to fix them.
12. Don’t walk the dogs – he’s not here to carry the smelly bag.
13. Don’t write poetry about him – especially while listening to sad music – what is wrong with me?!
14. Don’t watch Epic Meal Time – brain candy for him, torture on my vegetarian soul.
15. Don’t sleep in bed – and then wonder where he rolled off to – he isn’t here.