1. How could today have been better?
I could’ve woken up without being sick. I feel much better but the congestion is still there. I’m debating travel as the virus doesn’t seem to be stopping others from following through with their plans.
2. Salty or sweet?
I love sweet. My life is sweet right now and I’m so grateful for it, even if I feel sad while I’m sick and can’t be up and about and as productive.
3. Did you sleep alone last night?
No, but I also didn’t go to sleep till around 1am.
4. What would you like to ask your mother?
How do you think I turned out?
5. What’s your favorite word (right now)?
Right, I didn’t realize how common it was until I took my American way of saying it to another country, which also changed the way I say “as well”.
6. Who’s your nemesis?
Past mistakes and present ways of dealing with them, though we enjoyed couple’s massage and a candlelit dinner at home to relax and wind-down.
7. It’s not a good idea to experiment with…
proven healthy ways of dealing with food and immunizations to reduce the spread of disease. This virus should be an eyeopener to the world to slow down, close sometimes, and clean more often.
8. What’s the last song you listened to?
I remember listening to Ingrid Michaelson on the 6th.
9. A person you wanted to ignore today…
no one, it’s easy to go days without speaking to others unless I reach out or go out.
10. What was the last movie you rented?
BlacKkKlansman, a 2018 American biographical crime drama.
11. What was something you wanted today, but couldn’t have?
To either make candles with Justin or help organize John’s paperwork.
12. Where do you live?
Wherever I happen to be at the moment, Bahrain, and San Diego.
13. If you could add one hour to your day, what would you do with it?
Spend it with Caleb.
14. What is true?
Coronavirus has changed the way the world does things, at least temporarily, but hopefully in the longterm too.
15. What do you not want to talk about?
The coronavirus and its effects on travel, health, and toilet paper… because people aren’t civil when they have power or herd mentality.
16. What do you want to buy?
A bamboo stool for the toilet.
17. What new activity have you tried?
Self-isolating for days.
18. In three words, describe your spirituality.
existential, curious, scientific
19. Describe your work ethic.
I will complete a task when given it, but I also don’t have a job.
20. What was the last book you read?
Six Thinking Hats, a waste of paper mostly, but a nice idea for an article.
21. The first thing you ate today was?
A blueberry waffle with butter and vanilla corn syrup.
22. Jot down a news story from today.
More states close and more people die from coronavirus.
23. Are you country or rock ’n roll or…
“songs that remind him of the good times”
24. What did you daydream about today?
25. … made you laugh
26. Who do you aspire to be like?
A version of me who is more zen, motivated, and healthier.
27. When was the last time you felt like you were on top of the world?
Seeing Caleb’s face this morning.
28. What do you want to remember about today?
Walking, shopping, reading, grapes, and texting.
29. Write down a few lines from a song or poem that you identify with today.
“I’m locked up.. won’t let me out.” “Hello from the inside…”
30. Pick a color for today.
Green, I worked on a picture of two birds and branches with gel pens, walked past green grass, and drank out of a shade of green cup.
31. What inventions can you not live without?
Cell phone for text, call, photos, email, notes, etc.